The independent researcher Valentin Stetsyuk, the retired lieutenant colonel was born in the town of Sergo (now Stakhanov) Luhansk region in 1937. There in 1944 I went to school. I studied quite well in all subjects, as can be seen from the grades in my certificate of maturity. But most of all I was interested in natural sciences and history. At an average school age my interest in history revealed a specific feature of Soviet history, which was well described already at the time when this became possible, by Makhti Dzhurtubaev as follows:
Academic science history has been in deep crisis for many reasons; but the main one was its fornication with state ideology and politics: politics changed and state historians immediately began to teach events differently (or were out of action). Therefore, honest treatment of facts and objectivity from all those involved in the study of history and culture on duty, did not have to expect (DZURTUBAERV M. 2010: 830).
Realizing this feature, I never even thought about doing history professionally and chose my life path in the field of technology. I was especially interested in electrical automation, in which my father was a specialist.
Left: Diploma for the manufacture of a transformer for the exhibition of technical creativity of schoolchildren.
Right: Graduation certificate.
After graduation, I entered the Kiev Polytechnic Institute, where I studied at the Faculty of Electrical Engineering with a degree in Automation and Remote Control. In 1959 I defended my thesis project "Radioactive liquid level gauge" and in the same year I was drafted into the army with the rank of lieutenant engineer. I served in the Computing Center as system engineer of NII-4 of USSR Ministry of Defense. It is in the settlement of Bolshevo (later the town of Yubileiny. Now in the city of Korolev) in the near suburbs.
After releasing the military service and leaving for Lviv (Ukraine) in 1985, I took the status of an independent reseacher and study the ethnogenetic processes by own graphoanalitical method. The results of studies were published:
1. STETSYUK V.M. 1987. Opredelenie mest poseleniya drevnikh slavian grafoanaliticheskim metodom. Izvestiya Akademii Nauk SSSR. Seriya literatury i yazyka. Tom Tom LXIV. Nr.1. – (In Ukrainian) – The Determination of Habitats of Ancient Slavs by Graphic-Analytical method. Proceedings of the Academy of Sciences of the USSR. A Series of Literature and Language. Volume LXIV:1, Moscow.
2. STETSYUK VALENTYN. 1998. Doslidzhennya peredistorichnikh etnogenetichnikh procesiv u Skhidniy Yevropi. Persha knyga. L’viv–K. – (In Ukrainian) – The Research of Prehistoric Ethnogenetic Processes in Eastern Europe. Volume 1. Lviv–K.
3. STETSYUK V.M. 1999. Do pitannya pro etnichnu prinalezhnist’ skifiv. Zb. Arkheometriya ta okhorona istoriko-kul’turno¿ spadshchini. K. – (In Ukrainian) – To the Problem of the Ethnical Origin of Scythians: Archaeomerty, 3, K.
4. STETSYUK VALENTYN. 2000. Doslidzhennya peredistorichnikh etnogenetichnikh procesiv u Skhidniy Yevropi. Druga kniga. L’viv – K. – (In Ukrainian) – Research into Prehistoric Ethnogenetic Processes in Eastern Europe, Volume 2. Lviv-K.
5. STETSYUK V. 2001. Kulturni hrona Dnistra. Multynatsionalna kulturno-istorychna spadschyna Naddnistrianschyby. Ivano-Frankivsk. Lillea. – (In Ukrainian) – Cultural bunches of the Dniestr. Multinational Cultural-Historical Heritage of the Dniestr Land. Ivano-Frankivsk. Lillea.
6. STETSYUK VALENTYN. 2002. Slidi pradavn’ogo naselennya Ukra¿ni v toponimitsi. L’viv. – (In Ukrainian) – The Tracks of Ancient Population of the Uktaine in Toponymy. Lviv.
7. STETSYUK VALENTYN. 2005. Samoviyav ukraintsiv i rosian v prykazkakh i prysliviakh. Ukraina vse zh taky ne Rosia. Lviv. – (In Ukrainian) – Self-expression of the Ukrainians and Russians by proverbs. Ukraine is not Russia. Lviv
8. ROTH MECHTHILD, NOBIS RALPH, STETSYUK VALENTYN, KRUHLOV IVAN (Eds). Transformation Processes in the Western Ukraine. Concept for a Sustainsble Land Use. Weißensee Verlag. Ökologie.
9. STETSYUK VALENTYN. 2008. Seredniy Stoh ve Yamnaya kültürleri. Akedimik bakış. Cilt 1. Sayı 2. Ankara. – (In Turkish) – The Seredniy Stoh and Pit Cultures. Akademic Look. Issue 1. Number 2. Ankara.
In recent years, I publish my articles on ACADEMIA